Since its introduction in the early 1980s, the popularity of Ethernet continues to expand, as witnessed not only by its dominant use in the enterprise market but also by its growing popularity as the technology of choice in the largest service provider networks in the world. The continued acceptance of Ethernet has been no surprise given its ease of use, its well known operational characteristics, and most importantly its ability to adapt to ever-changing networking requirements.
Some of these requirements include the need for virtual networking, QoS, high bandwidth, and connectivity over long distances. The Juniper networks® MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers address the specific needs of Ethernet-based networks, including:
• Advanced QoS with hierarchical shaping and scheduling
• Intelligent sharing of excess bandwidth
• Programmable network processing engine
• Enhanced support for accounting and statistics
• 10-gigabit Ethernet with fine-grained QoS and support for WAn PHY
As Ethernet continues to dominate as a technology used to support the required delivery of voice, video, and data, the MX Series platforms are well suited to meet this need.
Vendors (Listed Alphabetically):
Advertising Info |
Contact Us |
Submit a White Paper